This article has been produced in association with Third Sector Jobs
If a shiny new job is the best present you could wish for this Christmas, then don’t wait until the new year rush. Make the most of the festive period to find, or at least prepare for, your dream charity job, while nearly everyone else isn’t looking.
As most people wind down for the festive break, Third Sector Jobs has more than 500 charity jobs waiting to be seen, so your ideal job could be just a few clicks away.
Even if you don’t want to actually apply for a job over Christmas, it would be prudent to spend some time preparing yourself ahead of the recruitment rush in January. Here are just a few things you can do to improve your chances of getting a new job in the new year:
- Create a wish list. Make a list of companies you want to work for and think about what transferable skills you can bring to your dream role. Check out these top third sector recruiters to get you started.
- Familiarise yourself with a range of job descriptions. This could be a great time to reflect on what job role you really want and would suit. We’ve covered a few typical job descriptions here to get you started.
- Update your CV. Allow yourself plenty of time and make sure you tailor your CV to the role. Make sure your contact details, key skills and employment history are up to date. Take a look at our extensive CV tips for more advice on how to make your CV stand out to recruiters.
- Create a profile on the Third Sector Jobs site. Use the festive period to create or refine your profile so that it showcases your skills and demonstrates your capabilities, ready for recruiters to find you come January. Click here to login or create an account.
- Set up a job by email alert or update your preferences. This will bring you relevant jobs straight to your inbox. A bit like Santa but without the chimney. Or beard. Click here to set up a job alert.